FB HEADER

Search The Rusted Garden Journal: Just Enter a Key Word or Phrase

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Collecting Squash, Zuke, Melon and Cuke Seeds


This is how I save seeds for melons, squash, zukes and cukes. I keep them off the ground to prevent bug damage and infestations. This works well. The rain is an issue too. Using these slats the vegetable dry out quickly. Believe it or not these vegetables have been there 4 - 6 weeks. The decayed vegetable on the right is the remains of an 'Armenian' cucumber. I missed getting to it before it rotted. There are actually viable seeds in the remains but I have enough.

The remaining vegetables will be split and I will dry the seeds indoors for about a week. The seeds do not need to be fermented like tomatoes.


Seed Saving Squash and Melons: Gary Pilarchik

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest